Edgard Dégas inspired mini fiber art quilt.
I have always been keen on the simple sketches. I have decided to make some simple sketched style quilt.
This quilt is a part of Degas Balllerine inspired quilt.
Some words about making this quilt
First I have choose a proper picture - as an ispiration.
You need no to copy the details or the figure.
Just use as an idea, and make your own composition.
So first I choose a basic white cotton fabric- only a small size.
And I use a soft kind of graphite pencil.
I simple drawn a girl figure, but try to copy the movement of a dancer, or the stand of a dancer.
After that I use some textile rayon, and silk pencil, to make stronger edges.
I fixed the black colours with ironing, under a sheet of porchment paper.
Then I made the quilt sandwich.
At this quilt I use polyesther batting, but nowadays I use cotton batting at small quilts.
I stitched the contour with black thread, and the lines - the hair the skirt.
After the black colour of thread I changed it and use a neutral - beige - colour and use it around the figure.
Then I use a grey - hand dyed fabric- as a binding.
I also added black markal paint stick as to make the quilt a bit antique style.
The quilt is available here
I have always been keen on the simple sketches. I have decided to make some simple sketched style quilt.
This quilt is a part of Degas Balllerine inspired quilt.
Some words about making this quilt
First I have choose a proper picture - as an ispiration.
You need no to copy the details or the figure.
Just use as an idea, and make your own composition.
So first I choose a basic white cotton fabric- only a small size.
And I use a soft kind of graphite pencil.
I simple drawn a girl figure, but try to copy the movement of a dancer, or the stand of a dancer.
After that I use some textile rayon, and silk pencil, to make stronger edges.
I fixed the black colours with ironing, under a sheet of porchment paper.
Then I made the quilt sandwich.
At this quilt I use polyesther batting, but nowadays I use cotton batting at small quilts.
I stitched the contour with black thread, and the lines - the hair the skirt.
After the black colour of thread I changed it and use a neutral - beige - colour and use it around the figure.
Then I use a grey - hand dyed fabric- as a binding.
I also added black markal paint stick as to make the quilt a bit antique style.
The quilt is available here

Megjegyzések
Megjegyzés küldése