I made this quilt recently.
Tell you the truth I have still some work to do.
Some words about my method:
First I have a plan in my mind. I use simple shapes if you see, circle as tree, and small rectangle, triangle as house, and a vertical arranged base as a small lake, and ground, and bushes. I planned it ahead.
Colours: this is the first time I use silk painting, on canvas.
Normally I use textile painting on simple white cotton canvas, but I like experiments, so I chose another one, and a stronger kind of canvas- normally we use it as cushion insert cover. Unfortunately I dont know the name of this canvas in english.
So I use fused colours, or we can call it mixed on the canvas. I let dry for 24 hours, and fixed it with iron under porchment paper, then I make the quilt sandwich.
Following step is free motion quilting.
I build up the picture with this last step.
I create the tree outlines, and leaves.
The house outlines, and the roof, the chimney, the window, and the door.
And then the horizontal part: the ground with leaves, and other forms
the lake with fishes, and then the white part.
After that the clouds and the sun.
I decided to embroider black beads, around a tree, and inner a tree burgundy beads.
And I use iron on hotfix.
Available in my Etsy shop
Tell you the truth I have still some work to do.
Some words about my method:
First I have a plan in my mind. I use simple shapes if you see, circle as tree, and small rectangle, triangle as house, and a vertical arranged base as a small lake, and ground, and bushes. I planned it ahead.
Colours: this is the first time I use silk painting, on canvas.
Normally I use textile painting on simple white cotton canvas, but I like experiments, so I chose another one, and a stronger kind of canvas- normally we use it as cushion insert cover. Unfortunately I dont know the name of this canvas in english.
So I use fused colours, or we can call it mixed on the canvas. I let dry for 24 hours, and fixed it with iron under porchment paper, then I make the quilt sandwich.
Following step is free motion quilting.
I build up the picture with this last step.
I create the tree outlines, and leaves.
The house outlines, and the roof, the chimney, the window, and the door.
And then the horizontal part: the ground with leaves, and other forms
the lake with fishes, and then the white part.
After that the clouds and the sun.
I decided to embroider black beads, around a tree, and inner a tree burgundy beads.
And I use iron on hotfix.
Available in my Etsy shop




Megjegyzések
Megjegyzés küldése